Sign in to follow this  
Victor Grime

Nightly Meeting

Victor had been busy writing in the cafe most of the day. He purchased and drank so much coffee, Victor would not be surprised if it began to seep out of his pores. He had fallen into a groove, his characters, and plot where really coming together. Victor glanced up at the clock and was shocked it see he had been writing for seven hours already. Alexander was due any moment now. No matter how busy he was at the school, he always made time for Victor. Victor felt he really cared and that meant so much to him.

Victor called over the bartender. "A hot espresso please, no flavoring," Victor asked. By now, he had memorized Alexander's favorite drink. While waiting for Alexander, Victor tried to write a bit more.

Alexander made his down the main street from the castle. He was ready to compress from the day and seeing Victor was the perfect way to do that. Alexander found their regular tea shop and he caught a view of Victor in the window. He looked so dang cute, concentrating on his writing. He had that look he got when his characters were just flowing together.

Alexander entered the tea shop and the bell above the door rang. He made his way to the table where Victor was sitting and noticed and espresso was already waiting for him. It was the small things that made Alexander smile.
"Hello, Darling." Alexander greeted and made to kiss his Victor.

Victor was just finishing a scene when Alexander appeared at the table. "Hello to you, handsome," Victor smiled and made the distance to kiss Alexander. "I ordered your favorite," he stated and motioned to the espresso. "How was your day?" Victor asked. He enjoyed hearing what Alexander had been up, it was always something interesting. It was then that Victor looked into Alexander's eyes, and it took his breath away like it had so many times before. He wondered if he would ever get used to it, he sure hoped not because the feeling was amazing.

Alexander smiled after the kiss, he could not help but think the things this man could make him feel. "Always so thoughtful, thank you," Alexander replied and took the seat facing Victor. He took a ship of the espresso and smiled then sighed. "Mmmm, so good." Alexander winked. "My day was pretty ordinary, nothing too crazy. Just the usual paperwork and dealing with the staff." Alexander confirmed. He always missed the moments when he was not in Victor's presence. But, he did have a school to run. "How about you, how was your day?" Alexander asked.

Victor chuckled, he would honestly do anything for this man. He only hoped that Alexander understood that. "You're welcome," Victor replied. He took a sip of his black tea and took the flavors in. He rather enjoyed tea while Alexander always loved his coffees. It must have been from Alexander's time in America. Victor would have to ask him about that sometime.

"That is good, at least it wasn't too crazy," Victor chuckled. He took a few moments to gather his thoughts before replying. "My day was productive, I managed to make a lot of headway with the novel. I got so enthralled I did not even realize how fast the time had passed. I have been here since 9 this morning." Victor confirmed. He always got so into his writing sometimes, it was like the characters had a mind of their own.

"What would you like to do tonight, love?" Victor asked.

Alexander was amazed at how Victor could create stories and put them down on paper. He himself was completely rubbish at it. "Sounds like a very productive day," Alexander replied smiling.

Hmm, what to do, Alexander thought. "Would you want to come up to my office in the castle, or we could back to your place?" Alexander asked in reply to Victor's question.

Victor nodded, it had been productive. He thought that was almost finished with his third novel in his series. While he wanted to write more tomorrow, he would have to return to his book store and run it while his shopkeeper had the day off. Thankfully, the store was there in Hogsmeade so he was still close of Alexander.

"It was indeed. I'll have you read it soon, once it is finished." Victor confirmed. He almost never allowed anyone to read his books before they were published, but Alexander was the exception to that rule. Of course, along with his publisher.

"How about we head up to the castle?" Victor asked in reply.

Alexander always loved reading Victor's stories first, he put so much time and effort into them. Not to mention, the stories were amazing. The plots, characters, and world building always kept his attention. He was truly in awe of what Victor could do with a quill and parchment.

"I can't wait." Alexander replied and took the last few sips of his espresso. Unlike most people, coffee did not effect his sleeping habits. Alexander did not sleep that much to begin with, so what was there to to effect really.

"That works for me, let me know when you're ready." Alexander smiled. "I'll be right back." He made his way to the restroom and on the other side of the cafe. Once finished, before making his way back to the table, Alexander went up to the barmaid and paid for the day's bill. He knew Victor would not be happy but he wanted to do it.

"Sure thing," Victor smiled. While Alexander was gone, he gathered his things into his bag. After a few moments, he looked around and notice Alexander at the bar paying the barmaid. Victor shook his head and finished getting his things settled. He rearranged things on the table in a neat pile for the barmaid and waited for Alexander to return.

Alexander finished at the bar and made his way back to the table where Victor was sitting. "Got everything you need?" he asked, glancing around the table. It seemed that everything was put away already.  Alexander was hoping that Victor would not make a huge deal out of his paying for the coffee and Victor's tab for the day. 

"You know you didn't have to do that." Victor said once Alexander returned to the table"But, thank you." he smiled. Victor glanced around and made sure he had everything from his makeshift work area of the day. "I am all set. Let's head out." Victor confirmed, he then stood and extended his hand to Alexander for him to take.